爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by 上海夜网SX

From official residences to low-cost apartments, Jakarta transforms into isolation city

first_imgLast month, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan instructed his city officials to submit a list of buildings readily available to be converted into isolation facilities.According to the Jakarta Governance Bureau, Jakarta’s five municipalities and its one regency have proposed a total of 253 sites that can be converted into communal isolation shelters.Officials have scoured the city for potential isolation houses to anticipate a lack of facilities, as the number of cases still climbs in the capital despite weak government claims of a leveling off in the rate of COVID-19 infections.The buildings range from official residences to sports fields and training centers, as well as schools and child-friendly public spaces (RPTRA). The heads of the Pela Mampang and Bangka subdistrict administrations, local authorities in leafy South Jakarta, have been forced to move back into their private homes.Their official residences, although newly renovated, cannot be used because medical workers have taken up occupancy there, said Mampang Prapatan district head Jaharudin.The houses, handily transformed into makeshift quarantine facilities, are just two of the many buildings being prepared by the Jakarta administration to temporarily house people who cannot self-isolate or are suspected of transmitting COVID-19. The move also follows a decision in March to convert Wisma Atlet Kemayoran, the former athletes village in Central Jakarta, into a makeshift hospital with a capacity to take in 3,000 patients who are asymptomatic or show only mild COVID-19 symptoms. As of Monday, Wisma Atlet had hosted over 850 patients.Jakarta has 714 intensive care units and 657 isolation wards spread across 190 hospitals. Of this figure, only 172 hospitals are allowed to take in suspected patients while only 100 hospitals qualify to care for confirmed cases.As of Tuesday, Jakarta had 4,687 cases with 409 deaths.The capital has recorded a cumulative total of 3,095 people who tested positive for COVID-19 and patients treated in hospital.The rest of the confirmed cases have gone into self-quarantine, while another 228 people are under surveillance, although their whereabouts and whether or not they have self-isolated are unknown.The Jakarta Health Agency will be examining the proposed sites to ensure they meet health standards for quarantine before use, while the administration continues to prioritize sending patients to referral hospitals and the Wisma Atlet facility.It remains unclear how many buildings have been given the green light, but the agency’s public health department head Fify Mulyani said that task forces had been set up to prepare sites in all areas except West Jakarta and the Thousand Islands regency.“[Preparations] are under way,” Fify told The Jakarta Post on Monday.Based on the agency-approved guidelines, a communal isolation house should either be a permanent or semi-permanent building equipped with bathroom and kitchen facilities, as well as adequate air circulation and access to electricity and clean water.Authorities must also have systems in place to keep the facility secure.Mampang Prapatan’s Jaharudin said medical workers were allowed to take up residency at the two official residences in Pela Mampang and Bangka because no local residents were flagged for isolation.Jaharudin had also put in a request to convert a local 360-room training facility under the government’s management.“It is important to have the building’s owner and the community from the surrounding area agree with the proposal,” he said.“It’s all about the stigma; some people think that the disease is transmitted through the air, but someone under quarantine is prohibited from going outside, right?”Densely populated Jakarta continues to be the national epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, helped along by minimal knowledge of the disease and a significant number of workers who cannot afford to shelter in place.Mayors in Jakarta have acknowledged the issue, saying public support is of utmost importance.In North Jakarta, the local government plans to convert a number of buildings, including two empty towers in the Nagrak low-cost rental apartment (Rusunawa) complex in Cilincing.Local officials have given an assurance that the intended isolation houses located 500 meters away from other occupied towers are far enough.“Even if there are empty units in other low-cost apartments, we wouldn’t recommend them to be used [as isolation rooms] so as to keep other tenants safe,” said Parjoko, the acting chief of the Jakarta Housing and Settlement Agency.Meanwhile, the city’s education agency has proposed the use of 136 school buildings, which has sparked criticism among Jakarta councillors.Council Speaker Prasetyo Edi Marsudi from the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) demanded that the administration pull the plug on that plan, fearing further viral transmission as many schools are located in residential areas.Only one school in Tidung Island in Thousand Islands has reportedly been used to house five people under surveillance.The city’s governance bureau head Premi Lasari acknowledged that there were objections at the neighborhood level.“There was some opposition, but we managed to disseminate information [about the plan] in a persuasive manner with the help of the authorities, local figures and community health center officers,” Premi said.The chairman of the Jakarta RT/RW Forum, Muhammad Irsyad, also played down objections at the community level, arguing that they mostly came down to a lack of knowledge about the disease.“There’s no need to worry because isolation shelters have their own health standards,” Irsyad insisted.“When there are no more [sheltering patients, authorities] will sterilize the property before returning it into its original state.”Topics :last_img read more

Read More

We are ready for Congo: Coach Adotey

first_imgGhana’s Under-17 female football team coach, Augustine Adotey believes the Maidens are ever ready for Sunday’s 2014 Women’s World Cup qualifier against Congo Brazzaville at the Accra Sports Stadium.The Maidens are already in Accra from their Prampram base and are poised for Sunday’s action.Meanwhile the camp of the youngsters have been hit by various degrees of injuries ahead of the encounter.“I’m satisfied with our preparations and we’re ready for Sunday. We’re just looking forward to a good game and win in our first game despite the injuries,” he told.The Maidens last Saturday won 7-0 against Central Regional champions Bafana Ladies in a training match in Accra.last_img

Read More

What time does the NASCAR All-Star Race start today? Schedule, TV channel for Bristol

first_imgThe 2020 NASCAR All-Star Race, of course, was originally scheduled to run on its traditional May weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Salvaged and rescheduled for July, the All-Star Race now will play out at Bristol Motor Speedway for the first time in its 36-year history.Scheduled to take the green flag shortly after 7 p.m. ET, Wednesday night’s Open will feature three stages (35 laps, 35 laps, 15 laps), and the winner of each stage will advance to the All-Star Race. The main event will feature four stages (55 laps, 35 laps, 35 laps, 15 laps) and will start shortly after 8:30 p.m. ET.Below is all you need to know about the schedule for Wednesday night’s NASCAR All-Star Race and beyond.MORE: Watch the NASCAR All-Star Race live with fuboTV (7-day free trial)What time does the NASCAR All-Star Race start today?Race: NASCAR All-Star Race (and Open) at Bristol Motor SpeedwayDate: Wednesday, July 15 Start time: 7 p.m. ET (Open) | 8:30 p.m. ET (All-Star Race)The first green flag of the night Wednesday will wave shortly after 7 p.m. ET for The Open, a quick qualifying race for those not yet locked into the All-Star field. The Open will feature stage lengths of 35, 35 and 15 laps. The winners of those three stages will earn spots in the back of the All-Star race lineup.The All-Star Race itself has a start time of 8:30 p.m. ET and features stage lengths of 55, 35, 35 and 15 laps. Both green flag and yellow flag laps will count in Stages 1-3 with only green flag laps counting in the final stage.FS1’s NASCAR All-Star Race coverage will start at 6 p.m. ET.What channel is NASCAR on today?TV channel: FS1Live stream: Fox Sports Go | fuboTV (7-day free trial)The TV channel for Wednesday night’s NASCAR All-Star Race is the same as originally scheduled even though the event had to be moved back to July and relocated from Charlotte to Bristol.FS1 is carried by all major pay TV distributors. Fox Sports’ site has a “find FS1” feature so viewers can find channel listings in their area and on their system.As has been the case for all Cup Series races on Fox and FS1 since NASCAR returned to racing in May, Mike Joy and Jeff Gordon will call Wednesday night’s All-Star Race. They will do so remotely from the Fox studio rather than the booth at the track.The NASCAR All-Star Race is Fox’s last Cup Series event of the 2020 season before NBC and NBCSN officially take over as the TV channels for the rest of the year. NBC was able to keep last week’s Brickyard 400 in part because the race was part of a historic doubleheader with an IndyCar race, which took place on the IMS road course the day prior and broadcast live on NBC.NASCAR live stream for All-Star Race at BristolAnybody who has a cable or satellite subscription can stream Wednesday’s NASCAR All-Star Race live via Fox Sports Go. This should be the preferred route for a viewer who has such a subscription but isn’t able to get in front of his or her TV.For those who don’t have a cable or satellite subscription, there are five OTT TV streaming options that carry FS1 — Sling, Hulu, YouTubeTV, fuboTV and AT&T Now. Of the five, Hulu, YouTubeTV and fuboTV offer free trial options.Below are links to each.SlingHulu (free trial)YouTubeTV (free trial)fuboTV (free trial)AT&T NowNASCAR schedule 2020NASCAR on July 8 released its latest revised Cup Series schedule through August of 2020. It remains committed to running 36 races, four of which were completed before the COVID-19 pandemic shut down the sports world. NASCAR hopes to keep its 10 playoff races in the fall intact and at their original tracks.Below is the schedule revision for the Cup Series regular season, starting with the races at Darlington the Cup Series ran in its return in May.DateTrackTV channelStart timeSun., May 17DarlingtonFOX3:30 p.m. ETWed., May 20DarlingtonFS17:30 p.m. ETSun., May 24CharlotteFOX6 p.m. ETWed., May 27CharlotteFS18 p.m. ETSun, May 31BristolFS13:30 p.m. ETSun, June 7AtlantaFOX3 p.m. ETWed, June 10MartinsvilleFS17 p.m. ETSun, June 14Homestead-MiamiFOX3:30 p.m. ETSun, June 21TalladegaFOX3 p.m. ETSat., June 27PoconoFOX3:30 p.m. ETSun., June 28PoconoFS14 p.m. ETSun., July 5IndianapolisNBC4 p.m. ETSun., July 12KentuckyFS12:30 p.m. ETWed., July 15Bristol (All-Star Race)FS18:30 p.m. ETSun., July 19TexasNBCSN3 p.m. ETThurs., July 23KansasNBCSN7:30 p.m. ETSun., Aug. 2New HampshireNBCSN3 p.m. ETSat., Aug. 8MichiganNBCSN4 p.m. ETSun., Aug. 9MichiganNBCSN4:30 p.m. ETSun., Aug. 16Daytona (road course)NBC3 p.m. ETSat., Aug. 22DoverNBCSN4 p.m. ETSun. Aug. 23DoverNBCSN4 p.m. ETSat., Aug. 29DaytonaNBC7:30 p.m. ETThe Darlington race on May 17 ran instead of the the Chicagoland race that was originally scheduled for June 21. The Darlington race on May 20 ran instead of the postponed Richmond race that was originally scheduled for April 19. The Charlotte race on May 27 ran instead of the Sonoma race that was originally scheduled for June 14.The Pocono doubleheader remained as previously scheduled for the final weekend of June, with the Cup Series racing on back-to-back days. Those races were presented on Fox (and FS1) rather than on NBC. Fox’s will close its coverage this season with the All-Star Race at Bristol on July 15 before NBC takes over, but NBC still carried the Brickyard 400 on July 5. The previously postponed races at Dover and Michigan are now part of Saturday-Sunday doubleheaders at those respective tracks in August.Because New York requires people to quarantine for 14 days after traveling from one of the states impacted heavily by COVID-19 (including North Carolina), the Watkins Glen race on Aug. 16 was moved to the Daytona road course. According to The Athletic, NASCAR tried to get a quarantine waiver for its Watkins Glen races but was denied by Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s office.The Aug. 16 race will be the NASCAR Cup Series’ first on the road course at Daytona. The start time for Wednesday night’s NASCAR All-Star Race technically is a little earlier than originally scheduled. But the start time is the tip of the iceberg in terms of the changes the 2020 All-Star Race has endured as part of NASCAR’s schedule shake-up.Due to the same coronavirus pandemic-related issues that shut down live sports in the spring, NASCAR created a modified schedule of races that continues tonight at 7 p.m. ET with the running of The Open, a qualifying race for drivers not yet locked into the All-Star Race, and a start time of 8:30 p.m. ET for the main event.last_img read more

Read More