爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by 上海夜网OO

Triple treat with views for sale in Murrumba Downs

first_imgTHIS tri-level home is new to the market in the Castle Hill estate at Murrumba Downs. Robin and Rhonda Davis bought 17 Hawkhurst Ct four years ago, when they still had three of their seven children at home. Now that all but one have flown the nest, the couple have decided to sell and downsize. Mr Davis said their six-bedroom home would suit a family or people who liked to entertain. The home is on a 790sq m block with double lockup garage, off-street parking and a wraparound porch.The living areas are on the ground floor and include a formal lounge and dining area and an open-plan kitchen and meals area. The home has a multipurpose room on the top level.One of the bedrooms on this level also has views to Brisbane city. On the top level of the home there is a timber-clad space with views over the surrounding rooftops that could be used as a rumpus room or media room.Mr Davis said his favourite space in the home was the deck.“We live out there a fair bit,” he said. The home is close to schools and public transport. The property is being marketed by Grant Darbyshire of LJ Hooker Kallangur and Murrumba Downs. Expressions of interest are invited. The home has a deck and inground pool.The kitchen has stainless-steel appliances, a breakfast bar and plenty of bench and cupboard space.Mr and Mrs Davis added bi-fold doors to the meals area and a covered timber deck to create indoor-outdoor living. The deck flows out to lawn and the in-ground swimming pool, which has glass fencing and a water feature. Back inside, there is also a bedroom and bathroom on the ground floor. More from newsLand grab sees 12 Sandstone Lakes homesites sell in a week21 Jun 2020Tropical haven walking distance from the surf9 Oct 2019The master bedroom with walk-in robe, reading nook, ensuite and mountain views is on the second level, along with the remaining bedrooms and family bathroom.last_img read more

Read More

Obama Withdraws US Ebola Army Fighters

first_imgUS President Barack H. Obama has announced the withdrawal of all US troops in West Africa helping to combat the deadly Ebola virus disease. The disease has so far killed more than 9100 persons as at February 11.At least 3826 of the number of persons, who have reportedly died so far from the disease in eight of the nine countries, which have reported confirmed cases, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), have occurred in Liberia alone.Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea are the three worst hit nations of the virus and all three account for most of the deaths. Liberia 3826, Sierra Leone 3341 and Guinea 1995.The nine countries, including the US, United Kingdom and Spain, have so far recorded at least 22, 894 cases on their shores. Others are Mali, Nigeria and Senegal.Speaking on America’s leadership on the Ebola fight both at home and abroad in West Africa on February 11, the US President told the world: Today, I’m announcing that by April 30th, all but 100 (troop) who will remain to help support the ongoing response, all but those 100 will also be able to come home — not because the job is done, but because they were so effective in setting up the infrastructure, that we are now equipped to deal with the job that needs to be done in West Africa, not only with a broader, international coalition, but also with folks who have been trained who are from the countries that were most at risk.However, the US President made it very clear that despite him pulling his soldiers from West Africa, including Liberia, does not mean that the epidemic has been defeated. He also announced his government’s new response approach to the Ebola crisis in the sub-region.“So I want to be very clear here: While our troops are coming home, America’s work is not done. Our mission is not complete. Today, we move into the next phase of the fight, winding down our military response while expanding our civilian response. That starts here at home, where we’re more prepared to protect Americans from infectious disease, but still have more work to do., for as long as Ebola simmers anywhere in the world, we will have some Ebola fighting heroes, who are coming back home with the disease from time to time.  And that’s why we’re screening and monitoring all arrivals from affected countries.Obama told the audience that they had gathered at the South Court Auditorium, Washington D.C., so that he would tell all those directly and indirectly involved in the fight and to mark a transition in their fight against this disease , stressing: we’re not to declare mission accomplished, but to mark a transition.“Thanks to the hard work of our nearly 3,000 troops who deployed to West Africa, logistics have been set up, Ebola treatment units have been built, over 1,500 African health workers have been trained, and volunteers around the world gained the confidence to join the fight,” he told the American audience to rounds of applauds.The US is heading the global respond against the epidemic.The President also announced to the US people and the rest of the world that “Liberia has seen the best progress. Sierra Leone is moving in the right direction, Guinea has the longest way left to go.” He stated that they would now focus on getting to “zero. Every case is an ember that, if not contained, can light a new fire. So we’re shifting our focus from fighting the epidemic to now extinguishing it.”In mid-September 2014, President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf wrote Mr. Obama for help in managing Liberia’s rapidly expanding Ebola crisis. President Sirleaf had warned that without American assistance the disease could send Liberia into the civil chaos that enveloped the country for nearly 15 years.In a letter she sent to her American counterpart on Tuesday, September 9, Madam Sirleaf wrote: “I am being honest with you when I say that at this rate, we will never break the transmission chain and the virus will overwhelm us, and she requested 1,500 additional beds in new hospitals across the country and urged that the United States military set up and run a 100-bed Ebola hospital in Monrovia.The US President responded to Madam Sirleaf’s plead and deployed nearly 3,000 of his soldiers to West Africa. He said it’s now logical to withdraw them but their (Americans’) mission is not yet complete as new cases of the virus still emerge.According to the WHO, the total weekly case incidence increased for the second consecutive week, with 144 new confirmed cases reported in the week to February 8, Guinea reported a sharp increase in incidence, with 65 new confirmed cases compared with 39 the week before. Transmission remains widespread in Sierra Leone, which reported 76 new confirmed cases, while the resurgence in cases in the western district of Port Loko continued for a second week. Liberia continues to report a low number of new confirmed casesShare this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More

Media say no to proposed code of conduct

first_imgCoverage of Parliament– as 2-day GPA/ACM workshop concludesThe National Assembly’s proposed draft code of conduct for Journalists who cover matters related to parliamentary sittings is being staunchly opposed by members of the local media fraternity, as consultations proved over the weekend.Some of the participants in the two-day GPA/ACM training programme on coverage of Parliament pose for the cameras on Sunday (Association of Caribbean Media Workers photo)The consultations and media training workshop were facilitated by the Canadian High Commission, the Association of Caribbean Media Workers (ACM), and the Guyana Press Association (GPA) in the parliamentary chambers on April 7 and 8.At one point during the penultimate day of training, the attendees were separated into two groups. While one group was chaired by veteran Journalist and Editor-in-Chief of the Trinidadian newspaper Newsday, Judy Raymond, the other group was chaired by founding ACM President Wesley Gibbings.It was subsequently revealed that the parliamentary chambers were formulating a draft code of conduct, as well as mulling the introduction of accreditation for parliamentary reporters. Subsequent reports from the chairpersons of these sub-meetings showed that the attending media personnel were unanimously against the measure.During her presentation on her group’s discussions, Raymond related that the media personnel were opposed to the draft code on the grounds of its potential to be used punitively. She reported that it was felt that since Journalists were already guided by ethical principles from the profession and workplace, additional codes of practice would be wholly unnecessary.“There was a concern, with regard to both issues, that conditions or penalties might be imposed which could affect individual Journalists, to their detriment and possibly detract from the range and quality of coverage in Parliament,” Raymond reported.Voicing similar views, GPA Executive Royden James reported that his group also felt that such measures should come from the media houses and not the National Assembly. Concerns were also raised about the purported security rationale behind accreditation.Last year, the National Assembly saw two breaches; one where a woman attired as Santa Claus gained access to the chambers during a presentation from Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo.In another breach, a spectator began singing “God is watching you”, a line from a famous Nanci Griffith song, during a sitting of the National Assembly late last year. Further, there was a case of undercover Police ranks posing as media operatives and sitting among media personnel…until they were exposed.According to Public Relations Officer of the National Assembly, Yannick December, the need for accreditation of media personnel covering parliamentary matters is made greater by these instances.“What you had there was a miscommunication,” December related, in brief comments on the undercover Police controversy. “They’re supposed to notify us in advance and we would know that these persons would be here.”Far from the media having to be subjected to security measures, former GPA President Dennis Chabrol stressed that it was the media who actually needed protection. Here, cases of the undercover ranks shadowing the media in the National Assembly were cited.Concerns were also raised by Guyana Times Journalist Jarryl Bryan about the National Assembly’s failure to aggressively update documents accessible online, such as its Hansards. The latest Hansard dates from the 71st sitting of the Assembly in November 2017. While noting that hard copies of Hansards can be provided by the library, Assistant Clerk of the National Assembly Deslyn West promised to look into the matter.The two-day media training had started on Saturday, with the aim to improve the media’s knowledge of parliamentary practices and procedures, improve the media’s understanding of its role in an evolving democracy and consider the tenets of journalistic ethics vis-à-vis parliamentary coverage.At the end of the session, media operatives received a certificate of participation.last_img read more

Read More