爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by 上海夜网JP

Kings, NBA launch joint investigation into Luke Walton sexual assault allegation

first_imgThe Sacramento Kings and the NBA have launched a joint investigation into sexual assault allegations made against coach Luke Walton.Just a few days after the allegations were reported, Sacramento and the league released a statement Thursday announcing they have started an investigation to find out the truth behind the claims made by a former host on Spectrum SportsNet LA, Kelli Tennant.  “Luke Walton retained me to defend him against these baseless allegations,” Walton’s attorney, Mark Baute, wrote in a statement released to the media. “The accuser is an opportunist, not a victim, and her claim is not credible. We intend to prove this in a courtroom.”Baute issued another statement Wednesday afternoon (via the Los Angeles Times) denying Tennant’s claims during the news conference that he described as an attempt “to create a public circus.”“We will not try this case in the media or pay them a dime,” Baute said.Statement from Luke Walton’s attorney Mark Baute. He again denies Kelli Tennant’s claims and says “we will not try this case in the media or pay them a dime.” pic.twitter.com/2ys11tKzVW— Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) April 24, 2019 The NBA will follow the lead of Elizabeth Maringer, who is one of the league’s top attorneys and previously served 12 years as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. Walton was hired by the Kings on April 15 after parting ways with the Lakers. The Athletic reported earlier this week that Sacramento will wait to find out all of the facts before making a decision on Walton’s future. The Kings also told The Athletic that they were not aware of the accusations until TMZ reported the news.Tennant filed a civil lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court earlier this week, claiming Walton made unwanted advances toward her in a Santa Monica, California, hotel room in 2014. In the lawsuit, Tennant alleges she met with Walton to drop off her copy of a book and then he invited her up to his room, where he pinned her to the bed and forcibly kissed and groped her, according to ESPN.She also claims he “forced an aggressive hug” and made comments about her outfit at a charity event in 2017. “The Kings and the NBA take these allegations very seriously and will collaborate to conduct a complete and thorough investigation,” the statement released Thursday read.Kings and NBA Announce Joint Investigation » https://t.co/F6CCg3u5y4 pic.twitter.com/VCHOmxOSb4— Sacramento Kings (@SacramentoKings) April 25, 2019The Kings hired lawyers Sue Ann Van Dermyden and Jennifer Doughty to lead the team’s investigation. Van Dermyden is the founding partner of the Sacramento law firm, Van Dermyden Maddux, and has decades of experience conducting investigations. Doughty works with Van Dermyden and is a veteran investigator.  Related News Kings coach Luke Walton sued for alleged sexual assault, report sayslast_img read more

Read More

What time does the NASCAR All-Star Race start today? Schedule, TV channel for Bristol

first_imgThe 2020 NASCAR All-Star Race, of course, was originally scheduled to run on its traditional May weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Salvaged and rescheduled for July, the All-Star Race now will play out at Bristol Motor Speedway for the first time in its 36-year history.Scheduled to take the green flag shortly after 7 p.m. ET, Wednesday night’s Open will feature three stages (35 laps, 35 laps, 15 laps), and the winner of each stage will advance to the All-Star Race. The main event will feature four stages (55 laps, 35 laps, 35 laps, 15 laps) and will start shortly after 8:30 p.m. ET.Below is all you need to know about the schedule for Wednesday night’s NASCAR All-Star Race and beyond.MORE: Watch the NASCAR All-Star Race live with fuboTV (7-day free trial)What time does the NASCAR All-Star Race start today?Race: NASCAR All-Star Race (and Open) at Bristol Motor SpeedwayDate: Wednesday, July 15 Start time: 7 p.m. ET (Open) | 8:30 p.m. ET (All-Star Race)The first green flag of the night Wednesday will wave shortly after 7 p.m. ET for The Open, a quick qualifying race for those not yet locked into the All-Star field. The Open will feature stage lengths of 35, 35 and 15 laps. The winners of those three stages will earn spots in the back of the All-Star race lineup.The All-Star Race itself has a start time of 8:30 p.m. ET and features stage lengths of 55, 35, 35 and 15 laps. Both green flag and yellow flag laps will count in Stages 1-3 with only green flag laps counting in the final stage.FS1’s NASCAR All-Star Race coverage will start at 6 p.m. ET.What channel is NASCAR on today?TV channel: FS1Live stream: Fox Sports Go | fuboTV (7-day free trial)The TV channel for Wednesday night’s NASCAR All-Star Race is the same as originally scheduled even though the event had to be moved back to July and relocated from Charlotte to Bristol.FS1 is carried by all major pay TV distributors. Fox Sports’ site has a “find FS1” feature so viewers can find channel listings in their area and on their system.As has been the case for all Cup Series races on Fox and FS1 since NASCAR returned to racing in May, Mike Joy and Jeff Gordon will call Wednesday night’s All-Star Race. They will do so remotely from the Fox studio rather than the booth at the track.The NASCAR All-Star Race is Fox’s last Cup Series event of the 2020 season before NBC and NBCSN officially take over as the TV channels for the rest of the year. NBC was able to keep last week’s Brickyard 400 in part because the race was part of a historic doubleheader with an IndyCar race, which took place on the IMS road course the day prior and broadcast live on NBC.NASCAR live stream for All-Star Race at BristolAnybody who has a cable or satellite subscription can stream Wednesday’s NASCAR All-Star Race live via Fox Sports Go. This should be the preferred route for a viewer who has such a subscription but isn’t able to get in front of his or her TV.For those who don’t have a cable or satellite subscription, there are five OTT TV streaming options that carry FS1 — Sling, Hulu, YouTubeTV, fuboTV and AT&T Now. Of the five, Hulu, YouTubeTV and fuboTV offer free trial options.Below are links to each.SlingHulu (free trial)YouTubeTV (free trial)fuboTV (free trial)AT&T NowNASCAR schedule 2020NASCAR on July 8 released its latest revised Cup Series schedule through August of 2020. It remains committed to running 36 races, four of which were completed before the COVID-19 pandemic shut down the sports world. NASCAR hopes to keep its 10 playoff races in the fall intact and at their original tracks.Below is the schedule revision for the Cup Series regular season, starting with the races at Darlington the Cup Series ran in its return in May.DateTrackTV channelStart timeSun., May 17DarlingtonFOX3:30 p.m. ETWed., May 20DarlingtonFS17:30 p.m. ETSun., May 24CharlotteFOX6 p.m. ETWed., May 27CharlotteFS18 p.m. ETSun, May 31BristolFS13:30 p.m. ETSun, June 7AtlantaFOX3 p.m. ETWed, June 10MartinsvilleFS17 p.m. ETSun, June 14Homestead-MiamiFOX3:30 p.m. ETSun, June 21TalladegaFOX3 p.m. ETSat., June 27PoconoFOX3:30 p.m. ETSun., June 28PoconoFS14 p.m. ETSun., July 5IndianapolisNBC4 p.m. ETSun., July 12KentuckyFS12:30 p.m. ETWed., July 15Bristol (All-Star Race)FS18:30 p.m. ETSun., July 19TexasNBCSN3 p.m. ETThurs., July 23KansasNBCSN7:30 p.m. ETSun., Aug. 2New HampshireNBCSN3 p.m. ETSat., Aug. 8MichiganNBCSN4 p.m. ETSun., Aug. 9MichiganNBCSN4:30 p.m. ETSun., Aug. 16Daytona (road course)NBC3 p.m. ETSat., Aug. 22DoverNBCSN4 p.m. ETSun. Aug. 23DoverNBCSN4 p.m. ETSat., Aug. 29DaytonaNBC7:30 p.m. ETThe Darlington race on May 17 ran instead of the the Chicagoland race that was originally scheduled for June 21. The Darlington race on May 20 ran instead of the postponed Richmond race that was originally scheduled for April 19. The Charlotte race on May 27 ran instead of the Sonoma race that was originally scheduled for June 14.The Pocono doubleheader remained as previously scheduled for the final weekend of June, with the Cup Series racing on back-to-back days. Those races were presented on Fox (and FS1) rather than on NBC. Fox’s will close its coverage this season with the All-Star Race at Bristol on July 15 before NBC takes over, but NBC still carried the Brickyard 400 on July 5. The previously postponed races at Dover and Michigan are now part of Saturday-Sunday doubleheaders at those respective tracks in August.Because New York requires people to quarantine for 14 days after traveling from one of the states impacted heavily by COVID-19 (including North Carolina), the Watkins Glen race on Aug. 16 was moved to the Daytona road course. According to The Athletic, NASCAR tried to get a quarantine waiver for its Watkins Glen races but was denied by Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s office.The Aug. 16 race will be the NASCAR Cup Series’ first on the road course at Daytona. The start time for Wednesday night’s NASCAR All-Star Race technically is a little earlier than originally scheduled. But the start time is the tip of the iceberg in terms of the changes the 2020 All-Star Race has endured as part of NASCAR’s schedule shake-up.Due to the same coronavirus pandemic-related issues that shut down live sports in the spring, NASCAR created a modified schedule of races that continues tonight at 7 p.m. ET with the running of The Open, a qualifying race for drivers not yet locked into the All-Star Race, and a start time of 8:30 p.m. ET for the main event.last_img read more

Read More

ROAD BARRIER PLAN THREATENS FUTURE OF 22 JOBS AT LETTERKENNY STORE

first_imgThe future of one of Donegal’s best known businesses hangs in the balance after a decision by the National Roads Authority to erect a barrier outside the premises.The Mace convenience store and restaurant at Dry Arch Roundabout in Letterkenny, which employs 22 people on a full and part-time basis, is a hugely-popular stopping point for shoppers.But now the NRA told its owners that they are cutting off a filter lane on the main N14 road into the store. The NRA claims the filter lane is a safety hazard and plan to erect barriers to prevent motorists from turn right when coming into Letterkenny from the Derry Road.Management at the store say the move will cut its business by 50% and they will be left with no option but to close its doors.The workforce has already dwindled from 33 down to 22 because of the recession and management say they simply cannot afford any more cuts.A spokesman for the store told Donegaldaily.com that staff have been informed of the situation that they could close. “If this decision goes ahead then we will have no choice but to close the premises.“People will not go all the way into the Pole Star roundabout and then turn back – it doesn’t make sense.“We are talking about losing 50% of our business and I cannot afford to do that in the current climate.“We are barely making ends meet because of the rising cost of electricity and other things.“The staff know about the situation and they know our hands are tied. We are in the hands of the NRA at the moment but it seems the decision has already been made,” he said. The NRA claims the filter lane into the shop is a safety hazard.However the spokesman for Mace at the Dry Arch said safety has never been an issue.“I cannot ever remember a crash from a car crossing from the filter lane into our premises.“There is adequate space and plenty of long breaks in the traffic flow for people to cross. “I just do not accept that as a reason,” he said.Management at the store, who have had two meetings already with the NRA, say work on the barriers could begin later this month or in October.EndROAD BARRIER PLAN THREATENS FUTURE OF 22 JOBS AT LETTERKENNY STORE was last modified: September 2nd, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Dry Arch ComplexMaceNRAlast_img read more

Read More

Frank Named MVC Softball Newcomer Of The Week

first_imgST. LOUIS – Freshman infielder Kennedy Frank (Chesterfield, Mo.) of the Drake University softball team was named the first Missouri Valley Conference Softball Newcomer of the Week for the 2016 season, the league office announced on Monday, Feb. 15. Frank had an impressive debut weekend for Drake who compiled a 4-1 record at the UNI-Dome Classic. The first-year outfielder was 9-for-18 (.500) at the plate with one home run, three doubles, three runs scored and four runs batted in while compiling a .526 on-base percentage and an .833 slugging percentage. Frank smacked her first career home run, a two-run shot, in a win over South Dakota State on Sunday. In the five games, Kennedy didn’t strikeout, drew one walk and stole two bases. Drake will return to the field at the Razorback Invitational on Feb. 27-28 with one game each day against UMKC and the hosts, Arkansas. Print Friendly Versionlast_img read more

Read More