highlights India’s junior footballers to play Mexico, USA and Slovenia.Boys born on or after January 1, 2004 are a part of the group.In Italy, the team will be participating in the MU-15 Championship. “USA, Mexico, and Slovenia are big teams. It will be good for the boys to play against such developed sides. We conducted trials throughout the country and scouted boys from different parts like Kohlapur, Goa, Kerala, Mizoram, Manipur,” he added.The coach believes that although his team is shaping up well, the boys still need to work on their basics.”We still have to work on the basics on a few areas. But the boys are learning quickly,” said Bibiano. “From having the previous team to building a new one, it’s been quite a learning curve for me as a coach as well.”Six boys from last season’s U-16 team including Rohit Danu, Vikram Partap Singh, Gurkirat Singh were part of Indian Arrows’ I-League campaign in the 2018-19 season. Danu went on to score four goals, becoming the youngest-ever goal-scorer in I-League history, while Vikram netted one. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi : Keeping an eye on the AFC U-16 Qualifiers, the Indian junior national team departed for an exposure trip to Italy, where they will be playing against USA, Mexico, and Slovenia. Boys born on or after January 1, 2004 are a part of the group, and are being coached by Bibiano Fernandes, who had guided the U-15 colts to the quarterfinals of the AFC U-16 Championship in Malaysia 2018. In Italy, the team will be participating in the MU-15 Championship.They were a match away from a direct qualification into the FIFA U-17 World Cup, but eventually went down to Korea Republic by a solitary goal. “We had good success with the previous batch, and are looking to build a similar setup this time too,” Bibiano said.
Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil is set to become Arsenal’s record signing after agreeing a deal to join the Premier League club.The Germany international, currently on duty with Joachim Low’s squad, is set to take a medical in Munich before signing a five-year contract, according to a report in Bild.The midfielder is set to earn a yearly salary of £6 million at Arsenal where he will be reunited with former Werder Bremen team-mate Per Mertesacker and fellow Germany international Lukas Podolski in a deal believed to be worth £42.5 million.The move comes at the end of a transfer window which has seen Arsenal frustrated by their failure to land Gonzalo Higuain, who left Real for Napoli, or Luis Suarez, who is likely to remain with Liverpool.The current transfer record for a German player is held by Bayern Munich’s Mario Gotze, who made a £31.4m switch from Borussia Dortmund to the Treble holders earlier in the summer.At the weekend, Ozil did not feature in the Real side that beat Bilbao 3-1 at the Bernabeu but Real boss Carlo Ancelotti had rejected claims that the omission of Ozil had been transfer-related. “It is normal that he [Ozil] is unhappy,” Ancelotti said. “I do not like players to be happy on the bench. It was a technical decision to put in [Angel] Di Maria, who has a lot of rhythm and intensity, nothing more.”Last week, Ozil had claimed he had no plans of leaving Real, saying: “I feel really good at Madrid. I have a contract here until 2016.“I feel very good here and get on really well with my team-mates. I want success here. There has been a lot written in the media, talk of some other options, but I have a contract and I am staying with Real Madrid.”
Barcelona have revealed Lionel Messi’s recovery from a hamstring injury is on track and that he will fly to Argentina for further treatment.The 26-year-old – who scored 46 goals in 32 La Liga appearances last season and has eight in 11 league games so far in 2013-14 – tore the leg muscle in a 4-1 victory over Real Betis on November 10.Medical tests confirmed Messi will spend around six to eight weeks on the sidelines during his rehabilitation, with the final part of his recuperation seeing him head home to his native Argentina on Friday. Club doctor Ricard Pruna and physiotherapist Elvio Paulorroso will jet out to Buenos Aires in mid-December to check on Messi’s progress as he bids to return to action after the mid-season break following an injury-hit start to the season. “The latest tests on the player have shown that the recovery programme is going to plan,” read a statement on Barca official website.In Messi’s absence, Barca beat Granada 4-0 last weekend before slipping to a 2-1 defeat at Ajax in the UEFA Champions League in midweek.
The Lakers’ timetable on Bryant’s recovery also means he could either return at some point during training camp in Hawaii or just before the 2015-16 season starts. “In my mind, he’s coming back next year,” Scott said, “unless he tells me something different.”Bryant tore his left Achilles tendon on April 2013 and returned eight months later. But Bryant played only six games in the 2013-14 season before fracturing his left knee. In his 19th NBA season, Bryant averaged 22.3 points albeit on a career-low 37.3-percent shooting through 35 games before aggravating his right shoulder last week in New Orleans. Bryant then sat out the past three games while making various doctor visits before determining he would have surgery.Bryant became the fourth Lakers’ player to have a season-ending injury, including veteran guard Steve Nash (back), rookie forward Julius Randle (right knee) and reserve swingman Xavier Henry (left Achilles). “The biggest thing with Kobe is as long as (the media) are saying that he’s done, he’s going to come back,” Scott said. “He proved this year that he has a lot left in the tank and is still one of the best players in this league. If you guys keep saying he’s done, that’ll help him as well.”Scott may believe Bryant has a lot left in his tank. But Scott sounded cognizant Bryant will have to play with far more efficiency than a gas-guzzling vehicle. Scott originally pledged to play Bryant between 30 to 40 minutes per game during the 2014-15 season. But after Bryant averaged 35.4 minutes per game in the Lakers’ first 27 contests, Scott scaled back Bryant’s workload in hopes to improve his energy and shooting accuracy. Bryant sat in eight of the next 16 contests and missed most practices and shootarounds before injuring his shoulder.“For Kobe, play him at mid to low 20s minute-wise, but you have to have some horses to be able to do that,” said Scott, before looking ahead to free agency in July. “A lot of it depends on what guys we bring in.”The Lakers will have about $24 million to spend, roughly enough to offer a maximum-salary contract to one play. The Lakers also only have Bryant, Randle, Nick Young and Ryan Kelly under guaranteed contracts, leaving the Lakers with as many as 11 roster spots to fill. Hence, why Scott considered Bryant’s health “super important” in attracting potential stars. Scott added that Bryant will “absolutely” play in active part in recruiting free agents.But first things first. Bryant’s nine-month rehab begins. A long nine months await Kobe Bryant as he sits out the remainder of the 2014-15 season.The Lakers’ star will go through tedious amounts of rehabilitation after having a two-hour surgical procedure Wednesday to repair a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder. Exhaustive debate will ensue on whether the 36-year-old perennial all-star can both play at an elite level and stay healthy following his third season-ending injury in the past three years. Yet, the Lakers remain confident Bryant will return for the 2015-16 campaign and play out the final year of his contract that will pay him $25 million. “I expect Kobe to make a full recovery and, if all goes as expected, he should be ready for the start of the season,” Dr. Neal ElAttrache said in a statement. Both ElAttrache and Dr. Steve Lombardo completed the surgery on Wednesday at the Kerlan Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles. The Lakers (13-34) already enter Thursday’s game against the Chicago Bulls (30-17) at Staples Center fielding adversity. They have the NBA’s fourth-worst record, part of which included the team going 2-9 without Bryant. The Lakers’ nine-game losing streak also brings them one defeat shy of tying the franchise record set in April, 1994 for most consecutive losses in a season. “If that happens, I’m going to feel pretty messed up,” Lakers coach Byron Scott said. “But right now, I’m trying to go through the process of trying to get us better, seeing some of our young guys and develop some of those guys.”Scott reported Bryant sounded in “great spirits” during a five-minute phone call Wednesday morning before surgery. Scott also joked Bryant texted him and consoled him Tuesday evening following the Lakers’ loss against Washington. But nothing matches the ominous cloud surrounding Bryant’s future. Bryant plans to wear a sling to protect his right shoulder in the next six weeks. But the rest of his rehabilitation after that currently remains unclear. “All I know is that it’s pretty painful,” Scott said, “and the rehab is long.” Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error