爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by 上海夜网论坛RW

Barca deny Abidal had illegal liver transplant

first_img“FC Barcelona roundly deny any irregularity in the matter,” the club said in a statement in English on their website.Abidal, a former France international, received a liver transplant in April 2012 at the Hospital Clinic in Barcelona and resumed his playing career a year later before retiring in 2014.The Eric Abidal foundation also issued a “categorical denial” of any “irregularities in the treatment of his illness”.On Wednesday morning, online newspaper El Confidencial reported that a telephone tap of former club president Sandro Rosell, suggested that the club illegally acquired a liver for the player.Rossell is due to face trial on charges of money laundering in connection with Brazilian TV rights sales and was also investigated for the deal which brought Neymar to Barcelona.Abidal, who is 38, was named Barcelona’s sport director in June.“The club are saddened by the lack of rigour in the spreading of such information about such a sensitive issue,” said the Barcelona statement.The clinic and the Spanish organ donation organisation (ONT) both issued statements denying any wrong-doing, although ONT added that it had opened an internal investigation.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Eric Abidal returned to action after a liver transplant to the joy of his Barcelona team-mates © AFP/File / Lluis GENEBARCELONA, Spain, Jul 4 – Barcelona denied on Wednesday that they illegally bought a transplant liver for their former defender Eric Abidal.Contacted by AFP, a Barcelona court said it had investigated a possible crime of organ trafficking for more than a year before deciding not to proceed because of a lack of evidence.last_img read more

Read More

MORE THAN 1,400 DONEGAL STUDENTS STILL WAITING ON GRANT – TD

first_imgFianna Fáil Spokesperson on Education Charlie McConalogue has revealed that more than 1,000 students across Donegal are still waiting for their grant applications to be processed.Figures released to Deputy McConalogue reveal that of the 2,877 students from Donegal who applied for grants this year, less than 1,000 of these had been awarded by the beginning of December, and only a fraction of these students had actually received grants.A further 423 Donegal students have been rejected.  The latest figures show that as of the beginning of this month, 1,473 Donegal students were still waiting for their grants to be processed. “It is clear that this crisis has not gone away, despite attempts by the Education Minister Ruairí Quinn to downplay it,” said Deputy McConalogue.“The fact that more than half of all grant applications from Donegal still hadn’t been processed by the beginning of December is extremely worrying.  Even of the applications that have been processed, a high proportion of these students haven’t actually received a payment yet.“Despite all Minister Quinn’s promises, the vast majority of students will be waiting well into the New Year for their grants.  I have already spoken to a number of students from Donegal who are experiencing enormous difficulties as a result of these unacceptable delays and who are at risk of dropping out of third level altogether. The longer this is allowed to linger, the greater the likelihood that many students simply will not be able to afford to stay in college.“How can Minister Quinn allow this to happen? It seems that all his focus has been on spinning the figures to make this situation look more palatable than it is.  But students don’t want to hear talk of processes and systems, they just want to know when they will actually get the money they are entitled to.  They also don’t want to hear Minister Quinn’s ‘it’s the students fault’ defence.  The tactic of blaming students for the high level of unprocessed and ‘incomplete’ grant applications is a cheap shot.  Students from lower income families who are in need of state support to stay in college are not the ones dragging their heels here. “It is the lack of certainty that is causing the most distress for students and their families. It is time for Minister Quinn to stop worrying about his PR, and start being upfront with students about when exactly they will see their grants.  I am calling on him to immediately state how many students in Donegal and across the country will actually receive a grant before Christmas.”MORE THAN 1,400 DONEGAL STUDENTS STILL WAITING ON GRANT – TD was last modified: December 14th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:400 DONEGAL STUDENTS STILL WAITING ON GRANT – TDMORE THAN 1last_img read more

Read More