爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by Security forces cordon off home of Yemen Times journalist

Security forces cordon off home of Yemen Times journalist

first_img Yemeni journalist killed, nine wounded in Aden airport explosions January 6, 2021 Find out more YemenMiddle East – North Africa Fixer for foreign reporters held in Aden for past five months August 13, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Security forces cordon off home of Yemen Times journalist Help by sharing this information Reporters Without Borders today condemned the action of the security forces in surrounding the home of journalist Hassan al-Zaidi since the start of August, preventing him from leaving. The operation was undoubtedly intended to intimidate Zaidi, the organisation said, demanding an explanation.In a telephone call to his newspaper, the independent Yemen Times, Zaidi said he feared that he would be arrested soon. Two of his brothers, one aged 14, were already arrested about five days ago. Zaidi said the arrests were illegal and accused the security forces to taking his brothers hostage.The security forces claim they have put the journalist under surveillance because he belongs to the al-Zaidi tribe, which recently entered into a dispute with the government, prompting a wave of arrests of tribal members since the start of August.However, Zaidi said he had been confined to his home because of his articles and not because of his membership of the al-Zaidi tribe. He has been arrested several times in recent years because of his articles in the Yemen Times, which comes out twice a week, but he has never been prosecuted. Organisation February 11, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on Yemen United Nations: press freedom situation “deeply worrying” in Yemen, according to RSFcenter_img February 26, 2021 Find out more News YemenMiddle East – North Africa RSF_en to go further News News News Receive email alertslast_img

Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *