The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) has donated four vehicles to the National Task Force on Ebola (NTFE) to fight Ebola in Liberia.The donation was made Monday, August 4, at the Internal Affairs Ministry by UNDP Resident Representative Antonio Vigilante to the NTFE’s co-chair, Internal Affairs Minister Morris Dukuly, representing President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.The total cost of the four vehicles is put at US$123,952. They included three Land Cruisers and one Toyota Prado. Presenting the vehicles, Mr. Vigilante said the vehicles were to be used for the decentralization process in the country which, however, came in time with the challenge the country is facing with Ebola. “Therefore, they will be used for the Ebola response like burying of dead bodies.”He said, “I feel the pain Liberia is going through with the Ebola crisis and I’ve promised to work with the government in making sure it succeeds.”Upon receiving the keys to the vehicles, Minister Dukuly thanked the UN family for what he termed as a good partnership and the spirit of love shown to the Liberian Government and people. “The government is very pleased with the donation made by the UNDP family and these vehicles will be used to help remove Ebola dead bodies from communities and other areas for burial,” Min. Dukuly said.He also disclosed that the issue of Ebola now in Liberia, “is very critical and needs more attention in order to save the lives of other citizens in the country.”Minister Dukuly said the government is doing all it can to fight the deadly Ebola disease in the country. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Drivers with unpermitted tinted windows may soon see a relaxation of the stringent tint policy or stronger enforcement of it depending on the contents of the report on a research survey which was presented to Cabinet.According to Minister of State Joseph Harmon, at his post-Cabinet press briefing on Friday, the report was presented by Public Security Minister Khemraj Ramjattan for Cabinet’s perusal and adoption. He noted that the survey was aimed at reviewing the policy by which vehicle tint permits are issued in Guyana.“The main purpose was to solicit the views of citizens on the use of vehicles with tinted windows in Guyana. The report also included information on best practices of a number of countries with regards to the use of motor vehicles with tinted windows. Cabinet accepted report and undertook to examine full content before approval,” Harmon informed.According to the Motor Vehicle and Road Traffic Act, “No person shall have fitted to his motor vehicle and glass or safety glass or any material used in the place of such glass or safety glass which is so tinted or otherwise treated or coloured in such a manner or to such extent, as would result in obstructing the identification of the driver of the motor vehicle or any other person travelling in the motor vehicle by any person from outside the motor vehicle.”Earlier last year, Minister Ramjattan had stated that the issue of tinted vehicles has been the cause of some amount of criticism against his Ministry and the Guyana Police Force (GPF), especially since sections of the population are allowed to have tinted vehicles. According to Minister Ramjattan, the ministerial discretion is a difficult thing. Persons who are suffering from a range of health conditions have also been granted approval to use tints on their vehicles.“As it is, I have restricted it to people who suffer skin disease and ultraviolet rays affecting their eyes and also for certain public officials who for security reasons, need it and some businessmen. But it is very narrow right now, but a lot of people are asking me how I can give others and not give them,” he was quoted as saying.He said while many people approach his Ministry with health issues as the reason for their need to use tint, the police have pointed out some persons are using tints so dark, it has become a threat to security.“But what is the view of the people out there?… we need to talk to the people and get their views on what should be the policy…How can I give the businessman and not give them… there is a need for renewing a policy orientation on the problem,” Minister Ramjattan had indicated, hence the reason he undertook the survey.
Paddy McNair in action for Manchester United 1 Juan Mata believes that Manchester United youngster Paddy McNair has a bright future ahead of him.McNair, 19, made his debut for United at the weekend in the 2-1 victory over West Ham and Mata feels that this is only the beginning of a successful career for the Northern Irish defender.“It was unforgettable for Paddy McNair. Making a debut with Manchester United in Old Trafford being just 19 is amazing, and I am sure he will always remember this day,” Mata wrote on his website.“It’s good for the young players to see that they can fit in the first team. It has always happened in this club and it’s a good tradition to keep.“It’s good for the young players to see that they can fit in the first team. In my opinion, Paddy has a bright future ahead.”
Niamh Boner and her ‘stag’ Paul Ferry tied the knot during the week, and took a picture on their special day using the deer Snapchat filter! The photo was uploaded on Kincasslagh Parish’s Facebook page, with the caption; “Oh Deer, what happened here? Didn’t set my camera right! Anyhoo, congratulations to Niamh Boner and her stag Paul Ferry on their much anticipated wedding! The congregation was fawning about over the beautiful bride whilst Bambi, AKA Paul waited eagerly for her. A beautiful day folks!”The picture already has 250 likes, with well-wishers sharing their delight for the newly married couple in the comment section. Congratulations Niamh and Paul!Couple say ‘I doe’ on wedding day was last modified: October 8th, 2016 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:FunnyKINCASSLAGHniamh bonerpaul ferrypictureSnapchatwedding
1 Gareth Southgate is refusing to rule Dele Alli out of contention to face Panama.Speaking to talkSPORT on Friday, the England manager said it was “unlikely” the midfielder will start Sunday’s Group G clash but revealed the Tottenham star was “progressing well” and will be given every chance to prove his fitness.Alli suffered a thigh injury during England’s opening World Cup game against Tunisia, which saw Harry Kane fire home a late winner for the Three Lions. “We have to wait and see whether Dele is going to be fit,” said Southgate, who has yet to confirm his line-up.“That is looking unlikely as he has not trained with the team yet but he is progressing really well so we won’t rule that out just yet.”Southgate has yet to confirm his line-up, but will not be making many changes.“Always from the type of training we do, they [the players] have a good idea,” he said.“Clearly we had a team that played very well and won so we are not going to be wildly different from that.”He went on to rebuke the media for releasing pictures of assistant manager Steve Holland’s training notes, which was alleged to have shown the starting XI to face Panama. Read more on that here.talkSPORT are with listeners all day and all night at this year’s 2018 FIFA World Cup™ with over 800 hours of World Cup content and all 64 games live across the talkSPORT network. Gareth Southgate embraces Dele Alli after his substitution against Tunisia
A MEMBER of a walking group had to be airlifted to hospital after a horrible fall on Glengesh.Donegal Mountain Rescue Team volunteers were in the middle of much-needed fundraising collection in Donegal Town when they got the call to assist in the rescue.The walker sustained a suspected broken leg in the incident. The Sligo 118 Rescue helicopter assisted in the operation, taking the walker to Sligo Regional Hospital for treatment.“Most of the team were already in Donegal Town when called out for our annual fundraising collection so went straight from there and then returned for another few hours to rattle buckets in Donegal Town,” said a DMRT spokesman.“Thanks to all team members and the Rescue 118 crew who responded to the callout. Also a very big thank you to everyone who donated to the team in Donegal Town.”The Sligo 118 chopper touches down at the sceneWALKER AIRLIFTED TO HOSPITAL AFTER HORRIBLE MOUNTAIN FALL was last modified: June 22nd, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DMRTEmergencyGLENGESHrescueSligo 118walker
Cllr Doherty in Killygordon today where ‘No’ has been painted outside homes which don’t want water metersIRISH Water contractors are continuing to instal meters at homes in Killygordon today – but only homes where the occupants are away or at work.Local community activists have agreed with the contractors that meters will not be installed at homes where the owners don’t want them.Cllr Gary Doherty reached a deal where the word ‘No’ has been painted at the entrance to homes in Dromore Park where home owners do not want meters. However contractors are continuing to dig holes and instal meters where residents are not at home.“We cannot object on their behalf unfortunately,” said Cllr Doherty today.“We have had another very successful day here following the successes in Castlefinn yesterday.“However we are unable to stop workers from installing meters at homes where the home owner wants a meter of where the home owner is away.” He said the stand-off this morning had been “very tense” and Gardaí were called. However the protests were peaceful throughout.One local resident warned: “I’d advise anyone who is at work and can get off to get home quickly to stop meters being installed.”Irish Water contractors are now filling in holes dug earlier at homes where residents have objected to water meters being fitted. SHOCK FOR RESIDENTS AS IRISH WATER FIT METERS AT EMPTY HOMES was last modified: November 11th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CLLR GARY DOHERTYcontractorsIrish WaterKillygordonproteststand-off
JARLA’S VIEW ON THE POLITICAL PERFORMANCE OF LABOUR was last modified: May 27th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:EntertainmentFeaturesJarla DuffyJarla’s ViewLabour partynewsNo direction
Source: BuaNews South Africa recently acquired three new submarines. The first, the SAS Manthatisi, arrived at Simon’s Town naval dockyard in 2006. The SAS Charlotte Maxeke arrived in South African waters in April 2007, and the SAS Queen Modjadji in May 2008. Carl Zeiss Optronics has a long history in the development and manufacturing of periscopes. “This will strengthen the capacity of the South African Navy to protect the country’s coastline against intruders,” he said. Advanced manufacturing capacity Fast surveillance and observation In addition, the periscope is fitted with an advance gyro stabilising system that enables it to perform optimally in the roughest sea conditions. Speaking at the unveiling of the periscope, Carl Zeiss Optronics CEO Kobus Viljoen said South Africa was one of the few countries in the world with the know-how and advanced manufacturing capacity to produce high-quality periscopes for modern submarines. He said the production of the periscope demonstrated the company’s ability to design, develop, manufacture and deliver world-class optronics that could be used by navies across the world. 13 September 2011 More than 15 South African companies are involved as suppliers of parts and services in the production process, creating more than 100 jobs. The fully assembled periscope weighs more than 850 kilograms and has a superb direct-view optical channel. More than 70 different components of lenses, mirrors and prisms are used in a periscope optical channel. Rear Admiral Higgs said Carl Zeiss Optronics’ ability to maintain and upgrade the local submarine periscopes ensured that the most advanced technology for fast surveillance and observation remained readily available. The new periscope is designed to offer a price-competitive solution for clients who require upgrades to their existing fleet of submarines. Carl Zeiss Optronics is able to manufacture four to six periscopes per year. The 12-metre tall periscope is being manufactured in a specially designed building, which was officially opened last week by the Chief of the Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Robert Higgs. A new generation of periscopes for conventional attack submarines is now being designed and manufactured at Carl Zeiss Optronics in Centurion, south of Pretoria, establishing South Africa as one of the few countries worldwide with such an advanced manufacturing capacity.
I hope you’re blown away by the Lost & Found teaser video we posted in this blogging blast. Literally, I hope hurricane force winds of amazement shifted you from your seat in jaw-dropping anticipation of what’s to come. Ok. I’m just hearing this now. Alright. This just in. Our lawyers say we’re not liable for any “shifting,” femoral breakage or injuries incurred while watching said video, or “hurricane force winds of amazement.”Where were they when I almost snapped my femur on a shoot in Texas?Now, traditional behind the scenes blogs may not take you to the moment before near-disaster or a pic of how *not to win friends in Texas. Here’s a little look (way too far) behind the scenes of our latest adventure shooting some of the stories you’ll see in the Lost and Found series.These pics are just a sampling of our (mis)adventures.Our videographer Reid interviewed Richard Garriott on the tower containing his YET-TO-BE-RELEASED cache.A quick way to win over the locals in Texas? Drive a rental with New Jersey plates. That’s a picture of… my shirt. The significance? It’s about a nano-second before I nearly fell off the tower at Richard Garriott’s cache. But years of (below average) athletic conditioning kicked in and I righted myself with only a muffled shriek. I’d like to thank my High School tennis coach. I wish they had geocaching class in my 5th grade. We had square dancing. Reid works the camera angles to capture kids learning topics like coordinates, distance calculations and fun. We later went outside geocaching. There are 15 stories in the works right now with more added each week. Hold onto your chair because we’re off to another round of Lost & Found shoots next week. This time we’re headed to Colorado, bound for Denver and Fort Collins. We’ll be in California after that. Any ideas for great geocaching stories in either of those states? Let us know!Share with your Friends:More SharePrint RelatedInterviews With Geocaching Filmmakers – Part 3February 20, 2015In “GIFF”Interviews With Geocaching Filmmakers – Part 2February 18, 2015In “GIFF”Interviews With Geocaching Filmmakers – Part 1February 16, 2015In “Events”