爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by Ashley

GuineaBissau Security Council encourages President to pursue reconciliation efforts

Council members also encouraged the current chairman of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and leaders of the subregion, as well as the friends of Guinea-Bissau, “to continue playing an active role and to redouble their initiatives of good offices for economic and financial assistance,” Ambassador Jagdish Koonjul of Mauritius, the current President of the 15-nation body, said in a press statement.They also voiced support for the demobilization of former combatants and their reintegration into civilian life, he added. Expressing their appreciation to the Bretton Woods institutions – the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) – for their flexibility and understanding, Council members called on the Guinea-Bissau Government to pursue fruitful collaboration with these organizations. Council members welcomed the proposal for a roundtable conference to be organized as soon as the political situation allowed it and called on donor countries to contribute generously when it is held.The statement expressed support to the team of the UN Peace-building Support Office (UNOGBIS) “for their tireless efforts to help the peacebuilding process in Guinea-Bissau on course despite multiple challenges.”The President issued the statement after the Council had met in closed-door consultations for a briefing by UN Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs Ibrahima Fall on Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s report on the situation in the country and the activities of UNOGBIS.Following Mr. Fall’s briefing, the Council also heard a progress report on the situation in Ethiopia and Eritrea by UN Assistant Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations Hédi Annabi. Ambassador Koonjul said later in separate remarks to journalists that Council members welcomed positive elements contained in the report and that they were considering for adoption later this week a presidential statement concerning the two countries. read more

Read More

Fmr taxi driver accused of stealing 500000 in goods charged 2

A man accused of stealing $500, 000 worth of groceries in 2016 found himself before City Magistrate, Judy Latchman after he was caught by Police earlier this month.Accused: Micheal Boodhoo (White jersey)Micheal Boodhoo, 58, of Coven Garden, East Bank Demerara (EBD) denied that on December 23, 2016 at Avenue of the Republic, Georgetown he stole 2 boxes containing  foods and beverages valued approximately $500,000 property of Lisa MacDonald.The Police Prosecutor told the Court that on the day of the incident, Boodhoo, who is now a dredge owner but was previously a taxi driver, was hired by the Virtual Complainant (VC).The woman, he said, purchased the goods, loaded the defendant’s taxi and proceeded to Avenue of the Republic. However, upon her arrival there, she began to unload the goods and while doing so the woman reportedly went use the washroom and when she returned, the defendant, his car and her goods were nowhere to be found.The matter was reported to the Police but it wasn’t until this month that the VC saw the accused and pointed him out to the Police.As such, Boodhoo was arrested and charged with the offence.His Attorney, George Thomas made an application for his client to be granted his pre-trial liberty noting that he is willing to lodge his passport if necessary and to report to the Police Station.Boodhoo was granted $160,000 bail and is expected to return to Court on May 14, 2018 for statements. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedMiner gets $400,000 bail on fraud chargeJune 4, 2018In “Court”Bandits snatch $6M after trailing businesswoman from bankFebruary 1, 2017In “Crime”Taxi driver accused on stealing $6M granted bailNovember 19, 2016In “Court” read more

Read More